Do you love your pet? We do, too!
Did you know on JULY 9TH it may soon be ILLEGAL for you to buy a pet?
No more puppies for sale! The only option you will have is to adopt an older mix breed mutt at the shelter! How does that make you feel?!
The San Diego City Council is considering a ban on the sale of dogs, cats, and rabbits in pet stores on July 9th. This ban hurts pet owners by reducing the availability of pets and eliminating responsible pet stores as a source for pets. It hurts animals by driving pet sales underground. This ban does not address the welfare of animals, it simply reduces the supply of pets and puts legitimate, local stores out of business.
- Less than 4% of puppies purchased from pet stores wind up in a shelter or rescue organization and 70% of that 4% could have been prevented with proper education.
- Pet stores and their sources for puppies are regulated at the state and federal level.
- Pet stores in California provide consumer protection by offering warranties on the dogs and cats they sell.
- Those truly concerned about the welfare of animals should focus on effective enforcement of animal care standards, not putting legitimate businesses that provide pets to the public out of business.
- The preeminent study conducted at Cornell University shows that pet store puppies are as healthy as those from any other source, and often healthier.
- Banning pet store pets is wrong for pet owners, wrong for pets, and wrong for San Diego!
- Support pet ownership and the right to responsibly purchase your pet of choice.
Call or email ALL your council members TODAY and let them know that you do NOT support the ban!
Bob Filner, Mayor
Sherri Lightner, President Pro Tem (District 1) email@example.com
Kevin Faulconer (District 2)
Todd Gloria, President (District 3)
Mark Kersey (District 5)
Lorrie Zapf (District 6)
Scott Sherman (District 7)
David Alvarez (District 8)
Marti Emerald (District 9)
WE NEED YOU SAN DIEGO TO DO YOUR PART
SET THE DATE APART: JULY 9TH
BE AT THE CITY COUNCIL MEETING WITH YOUR DOG OR PUPPY
If God Is Tugging At Your Heart: Click Here